#1: Professional Aspirations
Tonight at dinner Jasper declared that he wants to be an archeologist. He wants to dig up stuff around old castles - primarily to try to find old swords and treasures. Jay noted that a lot of castles are in parts of the world where they don't speak English or German but he said that's fine - he'd like to travel around the world anyway. And then he reminded us he can count to 10 in Spanish.
Tonight at dinner Jasper declared that he wants to be an archeologist. He wants to dig up stuff around old castles - primarily to try to find old swords and treasures. Jay noted that a lot of castles are in parts of the world where they don't speak English or German but he said that's fine - he'd like to travel around the world anyway. And then he reminded us he can count to 10 in Spanish.
Very useful! And, Jay's envious. I can just imagine our retirement - going from one dig to another with our son, the archeologist.
Cody wants to be a Police. Until recently Cody wanted to be Kitty cat, so this is a big career direction change.
#2: Looking back on 2015
We asked Jasper what sorts of things he's learned after spending six months living in a foreign society, traveling to new places and interacting in a new language. He thought for a second and said:
'Well, my arms are longer."
#3: Table shenanigans.
Cody enjoys "active eating" which means that he mostly treats dinners as a channel for excerising, exploring boundaries, and physical displays of affection such as the Mid Meal Jump.
MMJ occurs anytime after we've all sat down, not always at the middle of the meal. He whispers "mid meal jump!" sets up on his chair, and then suddenly springs at me. It is quite cute, this small person clinging to you with a big smile and happily announcing "Mid Meal Jump!" But sometimes MMJ occurs when I, being at dinner, am actively putting food in my mouth. The jumper usually lands on my arm which disrupts whatever I am drinking/eating and sometimes can result in a mess.
I like the fact that he thinks this is super funny, but I do realize that it just lets him extend dinner since it is yet another delay tactic. But what can you do.
We asked Jasper what sorts of things he's learned after spending six months living in a foreign society, traveling to new places and interacting in a new language. He thought for a second and said:
'Well, my arms are longer."
#3: Table shenanigans.
Cody enjoys "active eating" which means that he mostly treats dinners as a channel for excerising, exploring boundaries, and physical displays of affection such as the Mid Meal Jump.
MMJ occurs anytime after we've all sat down, not always at the middle of the meal. He whispers "mid meal jump!" sets up on his chair, and then suddenly springs at me. It is quite cute, this small person clinging to you with a big smile and happily announcing "Mid Meal Jump!" But sometimes MMJ occurs when I, being at dinner, am actively putting food in my mouth. The jumper usually lands on my arm which disrupts whatever I am drinking/eating and sometimes can result in a mess.
I like the fact that he thinks this is super funny, but I do realize that it just lets him extend dinner since it is yet another delay tactic. But what can you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment