The kids are adjusting to the kita life. Though Cody is still nervous to be left there and cries a bit during the time I'm gone, I think it's going well. Jasper looks forward to attending and doesn't want to leave when I arrive after lunchtime (the last two days). The other kids were getting ready for nap today and he was looking longingly into the nap room to see what they were doing. He too wanted to carry a big fluffy mat and duvet (yes! duvet) in to lie down in the other room.
They are loving the lunch menu too which surprises me since they are serving things they never eat at home -- like mashed potatoes and fish stew. Jasper exclaimed as we were walking to the u-bahn on our way home, "Mom, you'd never guess the delicious dessert I had -- carrots with pineapple juice. Have you ever had that? You should find out how to make it. I loved it." Cody was delighted to share that he had enjoyed the same dish.
We will do two more half-days and then hopefully by Tuesday they'll be comfortable staying through nap and afterward. Good thing because we go to the flat to sign the lease, get the keys and find out how everything works and that'd really be much easier without the kids underfoot.
On the way home, Jasper was singing (and then shouting at the top of his lungs) -
They are loving the lunch menu too which surprises me since they are serving things they never eat at home -- like mashed potatoes and fish stew. Jasper exclaimed as we were walking to the u-bahn on our way home, "Mom, you'd never guess the delicious dessert I had -- carrots with pineapple juice. Have you ever had that? You should find out how to make it. I loved it." Cody was delighted to share that he had enjoyed the same dish.
We will do two more half-days and then hopefully by Tuesday they'll be comfortable staying through nap and afterward. Good thing because we go to the flat to sign the lease, get the keys and find out how everything works and that'd really be much easier without the kids underfoot.
On the way home, Jasper was singing (and then shouting at the top of his lungs) -
Wie heißt du?which means "what's your name?" so I guess there's some German getting stuck in their little heads. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment